Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Our Trip to Chicago

Last weekend we attended the East meets West adoption conference in Chicago. We attended some interesting seminars and learned a lot of new information. I was amazed to learn that there are many orphanges in China that do not participate in international adoption. However the Chinese goverment is working with these orphanges and teaching the paperwork and how they can get their children ready for adoption. I also learned that there are many children that are abandoned in hospitals and doctors are not required to take these babies to orphanages. The doctors usually just find someone to take the baby themselves.

We meet some wonderful people. We met people with the same LID. We meet a wonderful couple Kristy and Frank Rodriguez. They have been waiting for their daughter Francesca for 24 months. They gave us alot of great advise and I am sure they will be bringing their daughter home soon. We met Snow Wu who is the owner of Great Wall Adoption Agency. She is well respected in the adopion community in both the U.S. and in China and we are very glad we chose her agency and feel confident in the agencies abilities to bring our daughter home to us.

We also saw some sites of Chicago. We went to see Wicked at Ford's Oriental Theatre. It was absolutely wonderful. We ate at Allehamba's restaraunt and listened to arabian music and watched bellydancers. We went to Navy Pier before we came home.

We had a great time and learned a lot of new info and met some great people.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. I found your blog on my dear friends post "Kristy" so I stopped by to check it out and to say Hi.
Feel free to check out our blog if you like. We're LID 08-08-06
http://gwchinababy.blogspot.com

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Welcome to blog land! We are a very receptive group. I am a grandmother, waiting for my granddaughter(MYA) to come home. I intend to follow your journey and hope to offer consolation, advice and merriment whenever needed. My blog is:
http://www.parkersparadise.blogspot.com
My daughter's is:
http://footballandfriedrice.blogspot.com
There are so many blogs out there. I am sure you'll find many friends.
Thanks to Kristy for putting out the word. She is a special Momma!