Monday, June 16, 2008

Still 2 years

Well we have been waiting now for 6 months. It has been almost a year since we started the adoption process and yet we still have 2 years to wait. I feel like a broken record. With the 30 month wait time now we still have 2 years. See my original post. I get sick to my stomach when I think about it. To make things worse we got a letter this week from our home study agency stating that they were ending their adoption program as of June 30. Our social worker will now longer be employed at the agency. The letter stated that they will finish our adoption process by an "employee of the agency." What does that mean? I do not want a new social worker the one we had was wonderful. She is an adoptive mother and also a birth mother. She has worked for this agency for 20 years and they are throwing her out with any severance pay or anything. What a thanks for her years of dedication and the hundreds of families she has brought together. I don't know if we are going to have to find a new agency. The next closest home study agency is in Lexington or Louisville which is an hours drive from here. Our agency now is literally 2 minutes away. I don't know how I can bear this for another 2 years.

8 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

Trust me when I say that I know how you feel. It's getting pretty tough now. But stay strong. There is a baby who is depending on you to make it through this. You can do it.

Missy, Jim, Carter and Brady said...

Sorry to hear that but you guys are strong. You have always wanted a little girl and just think... you are two years away and not FOUR!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you are going through. It has to be so hard. Please do not lose faith your time is going to come!!!

You can do this I know you can!!!

Kristy said...

Come on Tracey, you can do this!!! I know you can. You have to stay strong for your babygirl.

Don't get tired of doing what is good. Don't get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time.
Galatiand 6:9

Love you,Kristy

OH MY #6 said...

I get it my friend. Keep your chin up we ALL have these nasty times. You will get through.

Lea
xo

Kristy said...

Tracey I gave you an award so come on over and see ok!!

Love, Kristy

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

You have to concentrate on the here and now and dream of the wonderful future you will have. Time will go by quickly on some days and creep by on others. Our Lord is a generous, kind and loving God and He has placed this baby on your heart. There is no reason to grieve. It is okay to be frustrated at how slow the wheels turn but never lose sight of the goal in this journey.You are going to have a daughter! A wonderful, precious daughter. She is worth the wait.....

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Hi... came from your site through Kristy's site... I see you are just pretty much starting your wait... hopefully by the time it is your turn the wait won't be as long - my piece of advice to you is to live your life like you are not adopting... I mean, don't not think of it but don't put off things because of the adoption... take this time to read the books (about attachment issues etc), meet people who have been there and done that to learn from them... basically... my main thing is don't dwell on the wait and live your life... you will have your pity parties and there will be those speedhumps in this wait that you will come across but hang in there... it will be worth it in the end... it may not be the things you want to hear but it is the truth... and am sure you would rather hear that... nice meeting you and take care...