Monday, June 2, 2008

Summer is Here!!

I am so excited. It is finally summer. The boys are out of school. It has stopped raining and of course went from 60 degrees to 90 in a day, but this is typical Cincinnati weather. My flowers are in full bloom. I have so many plans for the summer. We are going camping Fourth of July weekend to Mammoth cave with our really good friends. I can't wait. We went to the park today. We took a bike ride at Lunken Airport on Memorial Day. Lunken is really cool. It is concrete trail that circles a small airport so while you are biking, roller skating, running etc there are planes taking off and landing around you. I am so glad to have time doing things with the boys and not have school to worry about. The boys are a good age now, 7&4. Colby is big enough now to do alot of things we couldn't do just last year. I don't feel like I have to keep them within arms length in case they get lost. I am going to try and enjoy every minute because before you know it school will start again.

5 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

YES!!! school's out; school's out!
teacher's let the monkeys out!
You enjoy this summer but remember, it's not just the boys being responsible--it's the creeps out there being predatory.... Keep your eyes peeled.
Have a great one!
I've never been to Cincinnati and I look forward to seeing your summer activities.

Anonymous said...

Have a fabulous summer!!!

Krista

redmaryjanes said...

I love summertime too. Today was my 12 year old's last day of school and my 15 year old's is Tuesday.

Ladyornot.com said...

My kids are 4 and 6. I am so glad to have my daughter back. I have missed her while she was at school all day.

I hope you have a great summer!

Kristy said...

Yes Tracey before we know it , school will start again. The other day Astrud and her friends were so aggravated with one of their teachers because she had a count down on her chalkboard to when school started and it was something like 87 days and it was really a bummer for them! I think she did it on purpose. lololol

Have a great summer!

I still need to send you some pictures from our trip, there are so many things I need to catch up on.

ttyl

Love, Kristy