Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Emergency!!!




Today we noticed SHE had gotten her foot stuck in her cage and evidently chewed her nail off. She seemed to fine so I just let it go. She is just a bird. I went to pick up Jackson from school and when we got home there was blood everywhere in her cage. I seemed like alot of blood for a little bird. I called the vet and they told me to bring her in right away. Jackson heard me talking to the vet and saw the blood. Eventhought I tried to stay calm Jackson knew I was worried and he almost began to cry and asked if Jade was going to be ok (Jackson is a very sensitive kid) I wasn't sure. It seemed like alot of blood for a little bird.


We rushed to the vet. It turns out Jade pulled the nail out and didn't chew her toe off. They were able to stop the bleeding and put the cutest bandage on her foot I have ever seen. Her nail should grow back just fine. (If it doesn't we will have to amputate her toe.) But all is fine.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it looks like she will be fine!

Kathryn said...

Oh poor little birdie!!! and a cute one too!!

OH MY #6 said...

oh dear poor little creature.

Lea

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Who knew little birds could do such a thing? Hope it heals quickly and properly.
Poor little guy. All that blood must have been really scary....

redmaryjanes said...

I am so glad to see that your bird is doing better!

Ashley Winters said...

Your poor little birdie! Glad she is okay. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm happy to have found yours too.

mah-meeee said...

awww poor thing! that picture of jackson with the bird is too precious... he really does look concerened!