Monday, July 28, 2008

New Discovery

I went to the grocery today and when I was checking out I handed the cashier the reusable grocery bags and I see her ringing something up and I think she is charging me. Since I had already bought the bags at a previous shopping trip I was going to be mad if I was going to be charged to use them. Well she informed me that I got FIVE cents OFF of my order for EACH bag that I used. That was the best news I had heard in a long time. I have been trying for the past couple of years to be more environmentally friendly and sometimes it is hard because I am also cheap so I was really glad to get my .20 cents off my order.I would like for people to share ways that they are being envionmentally friendly and I will post them on my site.

Here are some of the thinks I have started doing.

1. Of course I participate in city recycling.
2. My sons school recycles paper so I save paper and and take to the school and it is also a fundraiser for the school.
3. I save plastic shopping bags and other plastic wrap the take it to Kroger (our local grocery store) and they recycle plactic bags
4. I gave up my windex and use white vingegar and water instead (1/4 vinegar & 3/4 water) love it. Actually cleans better.
Please let me know of the things you guys are doing too. If it saves me money I will love it even better.

2 comments:

OH MY #6 said...

Good reminder! I love they take 5 cents off. great incentive for sure.

Lea

redmaryjanes said...

We traded in our Bonneville for a hybrid and our Yukon XL for a minivan and now use MUCH less gasoline. I also watch constantly for things that are turned on that are not in use.