Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I need help!!!



Has anyone seen the musical wicked. I had heard about it and heard it was good but didn't really think it would be that good. Who care about witches. The story is about the withches from the Wizard of Oz. Back in January Wicked came to Arronff Center in Cincinnati. I started volunteering there this year as an usher so I could see the shows for free. Anyone Wicked was one of shows. I ushered it 3 times and I have fallen in LOVE. Then I found out that it lives in Chicago and we were planning a trip for the East meets West adoption conference. So I quickly bought tickets. Before we went to Chicago I bought the CD and listened to it frequently. The show in Chicago was wonderful!! The Oriental Theatre is georgeous!! I have become totally obsessed. I listen to the CD all the time. I have the music playing in my head all the time. I put the music on my blog. Hope everyone enjoys it. I almost feel like I am going thru withdrawal.

I know it sounds crazy. If you haven't seen it, you must. It is a wonderful story. It is a story about frienship, betrayal, loyalty, standing up for what you believe in, it is a love story. Not to mention the music is wonderful. If you are a Wizard of Oz fan it explains alot about the movie. The picuture that I have included are my favorite part of the musical when Elphaba (The wicked witch of the west) learns to fly. Listen the the song Defy Gravity, this is what she is singing while she is flying(literally above the stage). I don't want to give away the story because I want you to enjoy it for yourself. So if it comes to your city even if you don't care for musicals I promise you will like it, you may even love it like me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too sweet!!! Thank you for adding me to your blog. I love the music you have playing from Wicked, I have not seen it but hope to someday!!!

Thank you again and have a wonderful night!!!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

We have seen the Wizard of Oz soooooo many times, having been a child, raised adaughter and a granddaughter. Every scene is burned into my brain. We used to sing all the songs when going on car trips. There is little chance I will will see this play unless it is done by a local high school. I do, however, hope it is recorded and sold. It sounds delightful.

OH MY #6 said...

oh yes, I loved it.

Lea

Ladyornot.com said...

I have wanted to see this really bad. I am glad to hear that you love the show.

Kristy said...

I saw this play for the first time with some really great new friends!!!!! lolol Loved it!!!

Hey guess what???? It is coming to San Antonio!!! We are so taking Astrud to see it, she can't wait!!!

Love Ya, Kristy